Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Never Alone

Subject: Never Alone - What a blessing to know

Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of passage?
His dad takes him into the forest..., blindfolded..., and leaves him...
Alone. He is required to sit on a stump the whole night..., and not
take off the blindfold until the ray of sun shines through it.

He is all by himself.

He cannot cry out for help to anyone. Once he survives the night, he
is a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this experience. Each lad
must come into his own manhood.

The boy was terrified..., could hear all kinds of noise. Beasts were
all around him. Maybe even some human would hurt him. The wind blew
the grass and earth. And it shook his stump. But, he sat stoically,
never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could be a man.

Finally, after a horrific night, the sun appeared and he removed his
blindfold. It was then that he saw his father, sitting on the stump next
to him...., at watch..., the entire night.

We are never alone. Even when we do not know it, our Father is
protecting us. He is sitting on the stump beside us.

All we have to do is reach out to Him.
 
posted by Summer at 8:35 AM, |

9 Comments:

  At May 8, 2007 at 10:42 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
That's a really great story!
  At May 8, 2007 at 2:26 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi Summer, Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading about your sweet family.
  At May 9, 2007 at 4:07 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I'm glad to see you liked the email I sent you w/this in it :) One of my good friends sent it to me & I thought it was worth passing on. Glad you felt the same :) I haven't had time to post it on my blog either :) Have a good day :)
I loved this, reminded me of "footprints in the sand".
Thanks for sharing. Are you a Christian? I hope I can ask. Anyway, the story is too true. Thankfully we can put our trust in Him and he will guide us through the valley's.
Great post.....thanks for visiting my site!
Blessings
  At May 9, 2007 at 5:32 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Shanilie,

I am not a christian, but I really enjoyed the story and wanted to share it.

Summer
Summer,

Don't you wish that you could do more than "enjoy" the story? You could truly understand the story and feel that protection in your life. Jesus has made his gift free and easy to obtain. If you want to talk more about this please e-mail me anytime. sis0321@hotmial.com.

~~Shana
Thanks for sharing. I didn't want to assume that you were or weren't. But, I just wanted to show you God's love in some way. It is a wonderful thought that there is someone who loves me and knows my thoughts and hurts and does answer prayers! I was going to say the same thing as Shana so thanks Shana! and Summer, you should definitely email her with any questions you may have. Have a wonderful weekend!